Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dinner with Wang

10.26.2011

I've had to backdate this blog a little because I have been severely lagging on updates!

This night we went to the evening market down the street for some veggies and other odds and ends to make dinner.  Wang, a Chinese teacher that will be working in Lopburi and was also temporarily staying with Pieter, was the head of the culinary operation.  This particular night was important because I took some impressive pictures of my pal Tong.


Thai people love meat, and they love it deep-fried

Wang was quite a discerning consumer of cabbage
 We tried to make dinner a group project, but in the end (I think it was my poor cucumber-peeling that was the last straw) Wang deemed it necessary to remove us from the kitchen so she could get down to business.

And now for the Tong montage:

 


Dinner was delicious!  I think this was the most cabbage I'd eaten in one sitting.

Tong can get really flat like a halibut


No comments:

Post a Comment