Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hua Hin Part 2: Elephant House and Temple

Nov. 4th:  Whilst waiting in anticipation of going to see the elephant house, I decide that we should take pictures of us doing silly things.  Here they are for your viewing pleasure - don't get too excited.





I'll thip my nam to that!
And he did, by golly!

Audrey Hepburn ain't got nothin' on me!
Kindle hungry!

Yay for Namthip!



Please don't mind my blouse tunnel

Cheerleader at heart?
This was way easier when I was in the 2nd grade

The pillow was the exact right shape and size for whatever cross-legged sport you could call this.
 Ok, now for the actual elephant house (chang bahn).


Sugar mounts the mighty pachyderm


And we're off!




About to get treacherous!


Our elephant pooped so much in the water!



Then we head to (what I think is) the biggest temple in town.


Prayer material: 3 incense, carnations for Buddha, and papers containing gold leaf (which I accidentally threw away, and then had to retrieve from the trash.)

Lord does not want pets.


Buddhist bling




Brandon and I both burned ourselves on the incense: me on the thumb, him on the chin!  (the spec you see on my thumb though is actually a little piece of gold leaf)

3-headed chang statue
 Then we briefly head to a couple markets for some supper.

Mike can't escape the post!

This market was for rich Thais

THIS is a good market restaurant where the real Thais go :D

Hua Hin Falang/backpackers/bar district
 Then we head back home...

Brandon threw 2 Baht coins at my chest and they stuck.  That's not just sweat.  That's Thailand sweat.

Don't ask.

This is bologna with chili pieces in it.  Thais love it.  This one looked particularly spicy.  I definintely did not eat this one.

They fed me just enough Leo beer to make me want to put my earring through my lip-hole.  After that I decided it was time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment