Monday, January 9, 2012

Foreign Teacher Xmas Party

I apologize to anyone who may have been wanting to virtually keep up with what Brandon and I are doing over here.  My only excuse is that our updates have been on "Thai time."


12.21.2011  (Backdated)

With Christmas fast approaching, I deemed it necessary to pick up a few crucial items.

100 Baht Totoro Slippers.  You jelly?

9 Baht Santa hat

Here is a picture one of our students drew at the bottom of an assignment done for Brandon's class.  Brandon, Andy, and I all have this same advanced English class separately.  I think she pictured us all quite accurately :D




Closeup of Brandon and I.  Note the sparkle she put on my teeth!




 12.22.2011

The next day was the auspicious occasion of the foreign teachers' (and student teachers') Christmas party held after school.  Everyone brought one 50-100 Baht gift for a secret Santa, and there was plenty of delicious food made by Teacher Grace for all to feast upon.  Also, as you will soon know, lots and lots of pictures were taken.



Group shots are a must


















I thoroughly enjoyed rearranging the Santa hat in whatever ways I could to make the wearer appear as ridiculous as possible.  Kathleen was a little nonplussed.






















Cornflower blue button-ups, specs and a Santa hat.  This could be a new fad.

Wouldn't want to happen upon these two in a dark alley.

This was my official Christmas dress.



Pasta, fruit, roasted chicken, salad, and some Philippine jelly type dessert all made an appearance.


Everyone pictured except le me, the photographer.


No one even knew which camera to look into anymore.  Absolute chaos.


















The secret Santa begins!


The luck of the draw landed you one Asian novelty or another.

Every gifting pair had their picture taken together.  It was endearing but perhaps bordered on excessive.



Kathleen gifted Toon some pretty awesome slippers.

I was given the Stitch key chain on the left.  He became fast friends with the "girl" Stitch key chain (on the right) that was given to me prior by Winny.  They really love Stitch over here.

I think Kwang liked her Doraemon desk clock I gave her :D























Wrapping up the night with some more pictures, of course!



Had to save the best picture for last!

No comments:

Post a Comment