Monday, January 9, 2012

PSC New Year/Christmas Extravaganza

12.29.2011

The day before our 6-day New Years break, an awesome school-wide party was held.  There were in all about 7 stages set up for singing an dancing performances by the kids (one stage for each grade or Mattyum, and one main stage), free food, and no end of excitement!

My morning started with a visit from Earth and her pet BABY SQUIRREL.


It was really sleepy!
Balloon wagon

A sea of Thai kids ready to partake in the festivities


























Then the Santas start showing up.


Either going to get presents or get mugged.

I didn't quite understand this...

My old friend Winny as Santa, and a Mattyum 6 student as a Santy (girl Santa)

The school provided a pretty nice set up for the day:

This is the area for just one of six grades the school has!

Mattyum 5 stage (11th grade equivalent)
Mattyum 3 stage (9th grade equivalent)

Flag waving triumphantly
The shows began:

A performance of "Santa Claus is coming to Town" on the main stage by class 3/13


"Jingle Bell Rock" by 2/13


Chinese Teachers Corin and Pancate

The kids worked really hard to create these elaborately themed areas. 

I don't understand either.



A duty of the foreign teachers was to judge 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for the "Santy" competition.  This is where girls from the school design and create their own costumes to be a girl Santa.  They also introduced themselves and some of them sang Christmas songs.


Contestant number 9 and I before the competition

The lineup



Aside from wearing red, her costume had nothing to do with being a "Santy", but I was still a fan.  She came in 3rd place for originality!

Somehow these 3 girls were all contestant 9 and came as a set.  There were a favorite with the audience and we gave them second place.

Although she didn't make it into the top three, this Conan the barbarian version of Santy was a huge hit with me!

The audience gave roses to their favorite contestants!

3rd place is Bew of 3/13!

I got a picture of my honorable mention

And the winner!  A ladyboy who did a great singing performance and had a lovely two-tiered skirt!

Then the student teachers did a fabulous dancing performance wearing the tradition attire of different Southeast Asian countries.








Philippines and India

Cambodia and Burma


Singaporean, Laos, and Cambodian



We never miss an opportunity for a good group photo!

Chinese performance

The kids could dress up however they wanted to!  I think she was posing like this for pictures all day.
 Lunch break!




Now back to more festivities!


Cross-dressing is very popular in Thailand if you haven't already noticed.



Everyone was dressed up and having a great time:





Mattyum 4 stage (10th grade equivalent)

Snooze



Two of my Mattyum 2 students :D

Some of my naughty M2's in makeup and semi-drag

One of my 4/6's

Mattyum 1's!  So tiny.

He's a ladykiller!  Brandon with some of his M3 students.

Toon is full of zeal as always.

Brandon was given a rose by one of his students!

Gift from 2/2 and I

Deep-fried ice cream


What little sweethearts!

Ak and I were matching!

They pulled me on the dance floor!

Someone here looks familiar...

Guess who?  Winny just finished an awesome dance performance on the M.4 stage!  I almost fainted when I saw what he was wearing!

The day starts wrapping up:




Brandon had gotten less than adequate sleep the night before and it certainly showed by the late afternoon!  The kids and I were all giggling when he got a few winks in the chair right during a loud performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment